Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, January 19, 2009

A Week of Bed Rest

After being released from hospital on Wednesday, Jesse and I had a lot to adjust to. Jesse is learning how to take over the house chores and do the shopping and laundry like I used to. He is slowly getting the hang of things and he can now see how demanding my life was before the bed rest.

We have had a few fights over things, but overall Jesse is doing well. He got a friend to let us borrow a mini-fridge to store some drinks and snacks right next to me on the couch so I don't have to get up as often. He also took care of getting all the FLMA paperwork from work so I can get the doctors to fill them out. He has been renting me movies and running to the store to get me fruit roll-ups which are my favorite snack right now.

Today was my cervical length check and the detailed 18 week scan. It was nice to see how big the girls are getting and to know they are growing right on track weighing 9 ounces each. They did see a few points of concern. Addison has a small hole in her heart that should probably close over the next 3-4 weeks. The 4 chambers of her heart looked perfectly sized allowing the doctors to be satisfied that everything should be fine. Riley had a few cysts in her head. In some instances cysts can indicate a chromosomal abnormality called Trisomy 18. The tech looked around at the rest of her body and there were no other indicators for the chromosomal defect. The doctor is not concerned with the cysts and they should go away on their own.

The best news of the appointment was my cervix is holding steady. It measured between a 1.8 and a 2.0 which is the same as the appointment in the hospital. There is no funneling present and the cervix does not appear to be opening in any way. All in all the doctors were pleased with the measurement and if my cervix holds steady, I may not need to go back to the hospital at 24 weeks.

This news was very positive and I hope to be able to stay home as long as possible.

Brea is planning the baby shower for Saturday February 14th. I have been spending my time registering for baby items online and getting advice on what a first time mom will need. I look forward to the shower and being able to see all my family and friends together.

No comments:

Post a Comment