Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Riley's First Tooth

I was starting to wonder if my girls would keep those gummy smiles forever but Riley decided to cut her first tooth. She had been acting a little extra cranky over the last few days and pulling on her ears even though she just got over her ear infection. I wasn't even thinking she was teething since every time I check her gums there was nothing poking through. Well tonight while she was taking her bath, I decided to stick my finger in her mouth and low and behold, her first tooth on the right was poking through.

I almost didn't believe it at first because the light is very dim above our sink in the kitchen so I ran and got the flashlight and checked again and I could see the cute little tooth just above her gum line. Then I started screaming and telling Riley how proud I was that she hit another milestone. Riley was more excited by my voice and the flashlight but I was sure excited.

I then ran over to Addison's mouth to check and see if maybe she was silently teething also, but no such luck. So far Addison is sticking to the gummy smile for now.

So mark this down, Thursday January 7th at almost 8 1/2 months old, Riley cut her first tooth!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awe! I love thier smiles with a tooth or two sticking up. I can't wait until you can get a picture of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWE! I agree with Kari that 1 tooth grin is worthy of a few pics <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!! What a huge milestone. - Tkeys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw yay Riley! We're still just gums (no surprise if they take after me)

    Yes - ditto to getting a pic!

    ReplyDelete