Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Running, Running, Running Away........

I’m referring to the girls here, not myself. Although sometimes I think about running away…just for a day or maybe a few hours when things are tough. It is a good thing that those girls are so darn cute, otherwise I would have run away a long time ago. Okay not really but the thought has crossed my mind a time or two. LOL

When I say running, running, running away….I am referring to Riley. Boy oh boy, that girl is fast. Sometimes when you tell her it is time for a diaper change, she takes off running. And sometimes, she is so fast that I can barely catch her. Now she thinks this is the funniest thing in the world, which is probably why she keeps doing it.

When I take the girls to the park, they end up running all over the grass and hardly spend any time on the playground equipment. They must get cooped up in the house and when they get the freedom to just run….they take full advantage of it. It is the cutest thing when they run off together and I just see them running side by side skipping down the rolling hills at our park. I will have to catch a picture of that because it is the sweetest thing in the world.

Now the reason that sparked this blog post is actually about Riley running away when she should not. Twice now, she has taken off running while we are in the street or in a parking lot. At my cousin’s house this weekend, I set Riley down next to the car door so I could start the car….(since it is 100 degrees here, starting the car is a must to get the air going). As soon as I set her down, she took off running down the street. My oh my, it was a sight to see but so very dangerous. Once I caught her, we had a nice chat about how that was scary for mommy and how the big cars could hurt her if she took off running like that again. I hoped that little talk worked and she doesn’t take off like that again. I will start putting her in her seat first and then starting the car before I buckle them up at least to prevent anything bad happening.

I am hoping out of all this we learn that the girls will be good runners when they are older. Maybe we have future track stars on our hands or maybe some basketball players that love running up and down the court.

No comments:

Post a Comment