Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 27, 2011

A fun Weekend

We had such a great weekend. We started the weekend with the girls going to their first Gymnastics class at the Little Gym. I was a gymnast growing up and I was excited to see both girls being interested in the sport. They have been doing somersaults and a few moves with spotting from me in the house and I just knew they would have a blast at a real gym. We had them all ready to go in their leotards and they were so excited to be going to "class" as they called it.



They had such a great time. I hope to be able to enroll them in classes once a week here very soon but as always, having two kids in anything costs a pretty penny. The Little Gym is a little more expensive than traditional training gyms but they really have a great program to develop their skills. Jesse's new promotion may allow us to do this starting next month.

For the rest of the weekend we hung out at home playing the back yard pool and sprinkler. When it is 115 degrees outside, the only thing you can do is play in the water to keep cool. The girls had so much fun playing in the water and mommy and daddy got into the fun as well.





We spent time outside eating watermelon. The girls loved cooling off with the cold fruit and we caught some great shots of them chowing down!
Riley:



Riley:



Addie:



After a while, the girls started to improvise on ways to keep cool. The next thing we knew, they had crawled into their water table and were using the table as their pool. I guess we can't blame them when it is that hot outside.




After all our outdoor fun we decided to go visit Papa and Nana. The girls love going over to their house to play with all the toys my parents have collected for them. Most of the toys are from Disneyland directly and the girls are just so excited to be going to Disneyland here in September. They don't understand the concept of time and they ask me every day to go the beach and Disneyland. I feel bad telling them it will be a little while before we leave but they just keep asking. This family vacation will be so much fun, I know it!!!

We spent the rest of the weekend playing dress up inside. The girls found their Bee and Bunny ears and had fun running all over the house.

I just love this shot I got of Riley showing her major attitude!



Then I got a good shot of both of them on the couch.



I just can't get over how they are turning into little girls. My babies are big girls now. I am proud of their accomplishments and growth but I still want to snuggle a baby once in a while.

I hope everyone had a great weekend staying cool and being with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment