Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Escaping child

Now who pops into your mind when I title a post like that? Who out of our twins would be the one to escape? I will give you one guess......Riley! That girl is my child and takes after me in so many ways. She is so stubborn and strong willed that I have to think about how rough I made my parents lives when I was younger. I feel bad for that now.

So back to escaping....Riley has figured out how to get out of her crib at night and even in the morning. She has scared us the first few times she did it. You hear this loud thump and out runs Riley out of their room. On Monday morning my mom was down stairs washing dishes and she heard a thump up stairs. She thought it was Jesse or I making racket in the morning but she started up stairs to see what made the loud noise. Well she ran smack into Riley who had just closed her bed room door. She looked up at grandma liked this was an every day occurrence (not the first time) and told grandma, "I waked up Grandma". It is so cute to hear her say that - bad grammar and all. She was very proud of herself.

Well then last night Addie woke up screaming from a bad dream and my mom went in to check on her and that made Riley upset so she jumped out of her crib while my mom had her back to Riley. We still have no idea how she is "jumping" out of her crib but I know kids figure it out eventually. Riley then started screaming and running down stairs which woke Jesse and I up. This was all going down at 2:30 am. After a bit of calming down, we go the girls back to bed and we tried to go back to sleep. Riley had other ideas and got out of her crib 2 more times.

So that is the end of the regular crib for Riley. We bought the convertible cribs and today we turned it into a day bed with the toddler bar to protect her from rolling out of bed. So tonight will be the first night of freedom for Riley and I have a feeling we will not get much sleep again tonight. Wish us luck that she needs her rest after last night and will stay asleep and in bed for the night. We are moving the baby gate from the bottom of the stairs to the top to keep her from roaming the house if she does escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment