Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

Trying to stay productive...

We have so much to do in the house to get it ready to sell. I'm trying to tackle one closet or one part of a room at a time. I am going through everything in that area and putting things in piles of "keep", "sell in the garage sale", "donate", and "throw away". On Saturday after I worked my 4 hours of overtime, came home and got straight to work on the hallway closet. This closet was organized at one point complete with a plastic organizer for all my crafts and gift stuff but over the years, more and more things were piled in there and that closet was busting at the seams.

As I got started, the girls were very happy to help me out. They were cranky up until I started the work and then they were entertained the whole 2 hours it took me to go through everything until they went down for a nap. They were happy to play with Christmas paper rolls, old papers, bows, and any other junk we had piled in there. As much as it slows me down to have them there, it is so funny to watch them. It keeps them entertained, so I might just have my two best helpers around as I work on each room.

I was able to box up everything in that closet and I got several boxes ready for the garage sale. We still don't know when we will have the sale, but the sooner the better. I am thinking maybe the weekend after we come back from Disneyland or maybe the last weekend in September. I need boxes and tables to use for that sale so if any family/friends have things I can use or want to help out in the garage sale, let me know.

The girls had me smiling and laughing all weekend. After a long week of the girls being cranky, I was ready for a little fun with them and they gave that to me both Saturday and Sunday. I will be posting our pictures of fun at 16 months tonight, I hope.












That is our news for now, everyone have a good week.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a ton of work to pack and sort and go through everything. You are super mama!! I am so glad they were cooperative. What i find amazing is right in the midst of when you really need them to pull it together and allow you to do what needs to be done - they cooperate. I love my girls to bit when they do that. Good luck with all you have to accomplish. Sounds like you are on track!! Can't wait to see new pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so focused Amy! You are like a superwoman/mom!!!

    ReplyDelete