Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Healthy Family

Both Jesse and I are looking to get healthier. It is one thing to be unhealthy as as individuals but it is another thing to be unhealthy as a family. We want to raise our children in a healthy lifestyle. We were both in good shape when we got married, we played volleyball 4 nights a week and were very active, but now life is a little different.

Jesse goes to the gym here at work 3 days a week but I have to pump while at work so I don't have a lunch break to be at the gym and I need to get home to relieve Sara with the babies. We are both changing are eating habits. We won't be eating fast food at all except Subway. We love love love Subway and I know there is extra sodium in their food, but I I'm not able to stock all the fresh veggies that subway puts on their sandwiches without them going bad quickly. So we will be eating there when we need to grab something fast, but dinners will be at home. We will be doing lots of fruits and veggies, chicken breast, and oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast. I hope that I can stick to eating better since I can't fit much exercise into the routine. Jesse will working with his trainer at the gym 3 days a week for 8 weeks. We hope to be in better shape when we travel to Wisconsin for Christmas. I hope to lose 20 pounds by then. I have lost 2 pounds so far, just 18 more to go. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck guys! I can imagine how hard it is to eat healthy when you are so busy and unfortunately fast foods are the ones you need to stay away from. Hey you handled carrying multiples...you can handle ANYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck!!! I agree...it's best to be a healthy family!!! We are starting the south beach diet again next week...and I'm hoping that it helps. I did great with it after I had Eric. Good luck to you guys! Just cutting out the ff will make a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete