I'm looking back and starting to wonder how we went from having 2 babies to having 2 toddlers. Our girls are not babies anymore. We have walking, chattering, happy toddlers they have such a passion for life. These sweet girls brighten my smile and exhaust me at the same time. I love how they can make me laugh so many times a day and I love them dearly.
I look back to how life was last year ago at this time and I realize we have come such a long way. I had just gone back to work and I was getting used to my new schedule and being away from the girls all day was difficult. I also realized that I need that adult interaction and I enjoyed both of my jobs - inside the house and out. I still wish I was able to do some sort of work from home that would allow me to be home with the girls more but I know they are in good hands with my mom at home.
It is hard to believe that these were our sweet babies one year ago:
Riley left, Addie Right
Riley left, Addie Right
It cracks me up to see how little hair they had and even now, they are just beginning to grow out some hair.
And here we are, another hot Arizona summer later and the girls are 15 months old now.
Here are some stats and updates for both girls
- is wearing size 3 diapers
- still only has 4 teeth
- still drinks breast milk at night, cow's milk during the day
- took her first steps on 7/22/2010
- can take 3-4 steps unassisted
- loves to laugh
- favorite toys include her blocks and stacking buckets
- tends to be a daddy's girl
- loves to eat macaroni and cheese and green beans
- is wearing size 3 diapers but could move up to 4's
- has 7 teeth, we thought she was cutting her 8th one but it hasn't popped through
- drinks breast milk at night - cow's milk during the day
- took her first steps on 7/5/2010
- can walk across the room with no problems, but still likes to crawl. That girl can crawl so fast.
- loves to gibber jabber and scream for no reason
- loves her piano and any musical toy
- is a mommy's girl - I can't leave her sight or she throws a holy fit
- loves to eat macaroni and cheese and peas
Riley is our early riser, Addie is our late night girl. Addie can nap a long time during the day and Riley likes shorter naps. Addie is our quiet thinker girl while Riley loves to make sure you know she is there. Riley is adventurous and Addie thinks things through first. Riley has a short attention span and Addie can sit for hours with the same toy. Both girls like to cuddle just at different times of the day. Addie has the most infectious laugh and Riley has the cutest smile. They are so similar and so different at the same time.
I will have more stats for height and weight on Wednesday after the girls go for their 15 month well baby visit to the pediatrician. Happy 15 months baby girls!!!!
McAllister Family Reunion
2 weeks ago