Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, July 9, 2010

Hand and Foot Disease

We have had a loss of appetite and diarrhea for this last week and last night our little Riley bug started vomiting. She vomited her night time bottle on me when we were rocking to sleep. She then woke up around 11pm and Jesse picked her up and she vomited on him. In the morning she was very cranky, drank half of her bottle and then vomited that up as well.

At that point, I knew we needed to take her in and see what the issue could be especially since it was Friday and I didn't want to go the whole weekend with a sick baby.

We took her and the first thing the doctor said was "another case of diarrhea and vomiting". So apparently this is going around in our area and the doctor was seeing cases like ours all week.

Riley seems to be doing okay. She isn't 100% but she is still laughing and playing with her sister. She vomited some apple juice and had another bad diaper around dinner time, so we aren't out of the woods yet.

I can tell she isn't her normal self because she laid on my chest for about 30 minutes after her nap today and normally that girl can't sit still for longer than 30 seconds. I felt like I had my little baby back that just loved to lay on my chest and cuddle with me.

It looks like this will be a weekend spent around the house as we get the girls back to feeling normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment