Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

On the Mend

Our family is now on the mend. We had a rough weekend as Riley was very sick and continued to throw up all through the night on Friday night. I really thought we were going to need to take her to the ER because she couldn't stop throwing up. She was crying and looking at me to fix her, but all I could do was hold her and help her get the bad things out of her stomach. Finally she feel asleep on Jesse's chest and we decided to have her sleep in the Pack n' play out in the front room in case she had another episode. We didn't want to disturb Addison with changing her Riley bed sheets for another time. I slept out on the couch in the front room right next to my baby in case she got sick again. Luckily, she was able to keep everything down for the rest of the night and I managed to get a couple of hours of sleep. I felt like I had a newborn again and had to be up every few hours to change and diaper a baby.

Saturday was better and Riley only vomited up a little bit of apple juice. We cut milk out of her diet as the doctor said that dairy could cause the situation to be worse and Riley was always throwing up after having milk. We kept her hydrated with water, juice, and pedialyte and she was doing much better until Sunday. On Sunday, I started getting sick. I wasn't vomiting but things were running through my system and I was having bad cramps as well. I felt for both girls knowing what they were going through. I was really glad that Addison seemed to be getting by without getting too sick and my mom and Jesse were also doing okay.

Sunday night Riley started throwing up again and I knew there was no way I was making it through the night with her sick again and then trying to go to work the next day. I took Sunday off and tried to get some rest myself along with cuddling with Riley to help her feel better. Finally by Monday night, I was feeling better and Riley looked much better.

Tuesday I got back to work and Riley seems back to her old self again. Both girls are having normal diapers with no diarrhea and they seem to be happy babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment