Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

4 Months Old

The girls are 4 months old today. I just can't believe how fast time is flying by. My little girls are about triple their birth weight and growing more every day. It seems like yesterday that I was locked up in the hospital trying my best to stay pregnant but looking forward to meeting my precious miracle babies. Here we are 4 months later and we have 2 beautiful girls who are starting to develop different personalities and we love getting to know them more and more.

We took them for their 4 month well baby visits. Here are the stats


Weight: 11 pounds 8 ounces

Length: 22.5

Head: 15.75

Temp: 98.3


Weight: 11 pounds 2.5 ounces

Length: 22

Head: 16

Temp: 98.1

I had been doing some research on the vaccines and thought I would delay some of them but after talk with the doctor, she advised that with their prematurity, it would actually be better to get them vaccinated rather than wait on some of the shots. So we went ahead and did them all. The girls did much better this time around. Addison went first and she didn't even feel the first shot but by the second, she knew what was going on. She cried through the shots but when she was done, she was calming down and I gave her a bottle of EBM (expressed breast milk). Riley went second and she is a drama queen and she was none to happy to have her pokes. She was doing the sad sad cry and wailing long in between breaths. The poor baby girl was very hurt. It took me a while to calm her down. I had planned on breast feeding her while Jesse finished giving Addison her bottle and I put the breast in her mouth but she was too upset to latch. I had to pull her back up on my chest and calm her down a bit more. After a minute or two she was a little better and latched right on. I was glad I was able to comfort her by breast feeding this time around. Once she was done, we got the girls dressed and back in their car seats. By the time we left the office, the girls were already falling asleep.

Once home, we had the girls sleep in their car seats for about 30 minutes and then it was bath time and their bed time routine. The girls got some Tylenol to help with the shots but they didn't seem to interested in going to bed. Both girls were fussy and crying when I went to bed and Jesse and Sara were helping to try and get them to sleep. Eventually they went to sleep and I hope they have a better day today.

On a side note, I have started my post-partum AF (aunt flow) and I am not too happy that she has returned. I was hoping to get another couple of months before I started cycling again, but that was not in the cards. Even though I am breast feeding and pumping around the clock, my body was ready to get back to normal. Bummer...

1 comment:

  1. Wow - 4 months! Amazing. They are getting so big! I'm sorry there was drama with the shots - it is so heartbreaking, isn't it? The doctor also convinced me not to delay any shots, and Micah has done really well.

    I also got AF back pretty early - some of us are just "lucky" that way! - Tkeys