Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

Busy Weekend

This weekend was busy from start to finish. I really didn't get a chance to update the blog or upload any pictures. I hope to get a few good pictures off of the camera to add after I get my homework finished tonight. I know I promised myself that I would get all of my homework done by Sunday night but the girls had other plans for me. I really think the girls are going through another growth spurt. They are eating so much more during the day and they are cluster feeding from about 3pm until they go to sleep. They are extremely cranky during the evening an nothing comforts them except a bottle in their mouth or going to sleep at night. I was able to get a good portion of my paper done in the mornings but the girls were far too cranky to allow me to finish up in the evening. I should be able to finish up my paper with a good solid hour block if I can get that some time today.

So because of the growth spurt, Addison is not sleeping as long as usual. She is going to sleep at 6:30pm, waking at 12:30am and 4:30am for bottles. I just think she needs to take extra food in to support her growth. I don't think the growth spurt is affecting Riley quite as much. She has turned into a fantastic sleeper. She is sleeping a solid 8-10 hours now without waking. Last night she went to bed around 7 pm and had not woken up by the time I went to work at 5 am. I'm really proud of my sleeper girl and I'm sure Addison will go back to her long sleep schedule once the growth spurt is over.

Jesse and I have been struggling with the evening cranky schedule that the girls have. I think we both hate it that we can't make the girls comfortable and they continue to cry no matter what we try. I'm sure part of it is the growth spurt and the other part has to do with them being over tired. I've taken the girls on errands with me and it is too darn hot to be outside in the Phoenix weather. I also think the weather is playing a role in the girls' comfort levels. Even though things have cooled down to a nice 105 degree, down from 115, it is still really hot to be in the car and the girls don't tolerate the heat very well. I plan to reduce the time I take them with me until weather starts to change. This probably won't happened until late in September so Jesse may be stuck with them at home while I run the errands for a while.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the girls are sleeping so well for you! They are on a great run especially for being so young..good girls! As far as the evenings go, we refer to it as the "witching hour" around here...it does get better when they get older. No matter how long of a nap Cohen had, when he ate last, last diaper changed, whatever..at the same time every evening he got cranky. It just so happened to be the time that I was trying to make dinner and Chris wasn't home yet. It happens with a lot of babies and I couldn't find anything to make it better. Hopefully it doesn't last too long. Cohen is fine now but I have to give him toys to play with on the kitchen floor or a snack in his highchair while I make dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for sleeping better - especially Riley! I hope Addison gets through her growth spurt quickly & a massive semi-permanent cold front rolls through! Good Luck! :)

    ReplyDelete