Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Misc Catch Up

I dressed up a blog a bit...do you like it? I hope to get a new header with some more current photos here soon. The girls were around 16 months in that picture. They have grown so much over the last 5 months. The only struggle is that it is almost impossible to get both girls in a picture where they are looking at the camera. Maybe we will get lucky with that again soon.

Life has been so busy since I came back from Disneyland. I feel like I haven't had a chance to post to the blog since I got back. I swear the girls grew some while we were gone for the 4 short days. They seem to be talking more and using two word sentences more which is adorable. Those sentences mostly consist of "up mama" as soon as I get home from work. They both love to say Addie's name but neither one of them says Riley's name. The laugh and giggle all the time and they make me laugh and smile too.

It is safe to say the girls are obsessed with Mickey and Minnie. They love to watch Mickey's Play House in the morning when they get up and have several Mickey and Minnie animals that they sleep and play with. They have books and puzzles with Mickey and Minnie and that is all they like to talk about.

I've been concentrating on school, working hard in my program to learn as much as I can about teaching adults and instructional design so I can bring some extra money into our house with a few side jobs. I enjoy the material but I hate that I am gone on Wednesday nights and I can't put the girls to bed. On Thursdays, I am exhausted but once I come home and see those sweet faces, I get a burst of energy and we run off to play.

I have had some friends experience some great moments this week in regards to parenthood. One of my friends delivered her first baby girl after years of suffering from infertility. Another friend finally got the two pink lines she has been waiting years to see. I feel so much joy for my friends this week.

I am hoping for a nice weekend at home where I can spend as much time with the girls as possible. Although I am praying they sleep in a little bit so mommy can catch up on sleep too. We will watch the Super Bowl on Sunday and we hope everyone has a fun safe weekend.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment