Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 3 - 75 days until trip

I am doing pretty well on my "not diet" diet. It has been less than a week of changes and I can already see some rewards. I feel better overall knowing I am making a change and putting better foods in my body. I've lost 4 pounds total and I am spending more time in the kitchen on food preparation. This is something that I don't normally do. I can usually say I don't have the time, but that isn't 100% true. While I have limited time, I can find a few minutes here and there for grocery shopping and preparing my food ahead of time. This will be especially important during the week when work and school get the best of me.

I haven't added my exercise in yet but Jesse and I are taking the girls on a walk to the park in a little bit. Then I will be making chicken on the grill with lots of veggies to go with my grilled chicken.

Yesterday I was very hungry all day. I made good choices despite going to the mall and the movies where there are many temptations. I ate a turkey sandwhich from Paradise Bakery with a side salad and a fruit cup. I saved my fruit cup to eat during the movies with a pack of almonds I threw in my purse. I had to sit back and watch Jesse eat a yummy Chinese meal and a whole medium popcorn in the movie but I held strong. I even brought a bottle of Crystal Light to drink instead of getting a soda.

So my point is, I can make changes and adapt to my surroundings. Do I want to eat junk food? Yes I do, but I also like how my body is feeling right now and I am loving the progress so far. I would like to lose 11 more pounds before the San Diego trip. I would be thrilled with more but I don't want to put too much pressure on myself. I'm also looking forward to the March of Dimes walk which will be a great cause to walk for as well as good exercise.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You did so good! I had to deal with real life situations today too! It's hard and I wanted to add, popcorn is actually a fairly good snack. At the movies, skip the popcorn. It's still fatty but if you eat in moderation you will be ok. If you make it at home, make it on the stove with a bit of EVOO or air pop it and it's even better :) I'm so glad we are doing this together!

    ReplyDelete