Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

Getting in Shape

I’m finally getting serious about losing some weight. When we came back from Texas, I was a little disappointed in my weight after eating too much on the vacation. I was lucky to lose all of my pregnancy weight at about 3 weeks post partum but since then I have put on 12 pounds.

I have tried hard to keep my milk supply up and that requires extra calories and my personal favorite, oatmeal cookies. Now that I am less than six weeks away from the girls turning 1, I can stand to give up a little of my supply so I am putting myself on a better diet. I’m not saying I am “dieting” as a term. I am just eating better choices and giving up snacking at work. When I really thought about it, I was snacking almost all day at work and that was contributing to my excess weight gain.

I started this “plan” as I am calling it when we came home from Texas. That was exactly 10 weeks until we go on our next vacation to San Diego. Right now I don’t want to be caught dead in bathing suit or even shorts. Tank tops look horrible on me and I am just overall depressed about my body. I want to be that healthy person I was prior to getting married and having kids. I know this is easier said than done. My life is way more busy than it was back in the days where Jesse and I played on 4 sand volley ball leagues a week. At that point, I could eat just about anything and not gain weight since I was so active. Now, I don’t get much organized exercise and that doesn’t’ help me burn the calories I need to lose weight. My goal is to lose a total of 15 pounds in the 10 weeks before we go to San Diego, more if possible but I am not setting unrealistic goals. Overall I want to lose a total of about 35 pounds by the end of the summer.

This week has been a good change so far. I feel better when I eat better and I feel like I want to be more active with the girls and Jesse. I really need the help and support of my friends and family while I do this. Please leave me comments and cheer me on while I try to make this change. I plan to put a weekly update each Monday with my progress. So far this week I have lost 3.2 pounds. Woohoo. I hope to report a 1 to 1.5 pounds per week to make my goal. Feel free to leave me comments with suggestions or tips if you found anything that has worked or not worked for you.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck - it sounds like you are off to a great start! I thought you looked great, but I totally understand being unhappy with your weight. I also started to gain weight towards the end of my breastfeeding time. - Tkeys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on setting smaller goals in order to get to the bigger one. I, too, am trying to lose weight. I have been seeing an internal medicine doctor how has me on prescribed pills and B12 injections, I've lost 18 pounds in about 4 weeks!

    Of course, I have a LOT more weight to lose than you which is why it is falling off so fast lol. I know you will be able to hit your goal and I'll be here for any support you need.

    I love slim fasts for breakfast, salads for lunch and whatever else the family wants for dinner- I just have smaller portions.

    It is ALL about portion control and eating 6 small meals a day. If you breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner and snack again (at least an hour before bed time) it will help you lose weight, I promise. My fav snack foods are the 100 calorie packs of choc covered pretzels and Chips-a-hoy, small tangerines, yogurt and fat free jello!

    Good luck girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rooting for you! You are doing great and will continue to do so! We're in this together :) We be healthy mama's!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I am sure you can do it, look at all you have accomplished by putting your mind to it!

    ReplyDelete