Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Adventures in Pumping

I have finally managed to drop down from 3 pumps a day (Morning, Noon, and Night) to 2 pumps (Morning & Night). That was a hard process and my boobs didn't like it at first but now they are getting the hint that they need to start making less milk as the girls are needing less. I was making 30-35oz a day while the girls were only drinking 24oz total a day in their morning and night bottles. They drink cow's milk through out the day. After my drop, I am making 20-26oz and that is exactly what I need.

I still hope I can pump until they are 18 months but some days are a bigger struggle to sit down and pump. Some days I just want to turn the switch and shut off the milk factory (if only that were an option). And other days I am so attached to still providing them with my breast milk and helping them grow with all those great antibodies.

I'm almost to 14 months, then it will only be 4 more months. We can do anything for 4 months, right???

Anyway, Here are some funny pictures of the girls helping in the pumping process. The just love to play with my horns after I am done pumping. They stare at me and smile while I pump knowing they will get to play with the horns when I am done. They would cry and throw a fit if I didn't let them, so I have to give them this one great joy in life.

These girls just make me laugh. I did catch Riley doing her thing with the horns:




Addison is content to just play with her horn and carry it all around the house. She won't give it up. I just have to wait until she finally lets it go so I can go and wash it.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I'm impressed that you've been able to keep pumping - I could barely get 24 ozs out with 6-7 pumps a day!! You can do anything for as long as it is important to you. What a major accomplishment! You should be very proud of yourself and all you have done for your girls. - Tkeys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are amazing!! I will be coming to you for advice come Octover/November! Great job, Amy!!

    ReplyDelete