Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I am the Face - Supporter



I am putting this blog post out there for the many friends (online and in real life) that are the face of miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant loss. October 15th is the National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day.

I think about my own story and how close we were to losing the twins at 18 weeks. If we were not monitored as closely as we were, we could have lost the girls and have a very different story than we have now. Due to the early monitoring, the medical staff was able to put me on bed rest starting at 18 weeks and that allowed me to stay pregnant much longer than if I would have been working and walking around. I had 3 hospital admissions for bed rest and medication to keep my pre-term labor at bay. I was so lucky to get my girls to 32w6d gestation which gave them a good start in life.

I can only imagine the pain these mothers have gone through when losing a child. No mother should have to bury their child and yet 2,000 women in the US alone lose a baby every day.

We need to get more awareness and support for education on this topic. If you want to support the cause, visit I am the Face and learn more about it. As I have met such amazing women who have lost a child, this cause is near and dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment