Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Playing the waiting game


Sunday was a long day. We stayed at home and watched football and I worked on homework (something I was neglecting since we found out the news). We had planned on visiting our friend's baby later in the day. We were also anxiously awaiting our blood test to confirm the pregnancy and to see how our little bean was doing. The test was scheduled for Tuesday morning.

In the afternoon, I received a phone call from by best friend Brea. She was 38 weeks pregnant. She told me to get ready because she was going into labor. I was so excited because she wanted me to be there with her during the birth. I changed my plan with our other friends and headed out to the hospital. I got there and helped Brea as much as I could. She had a fast painful labor that caused her to get a epidural at about 6cm dilated. After that she was much more relaxed and ready to push the baby out. She was doing a vback (vaginal birth after c-section). She tried her best but the baby would not descend down, so another c-section was the best way to go for the health of the baby. Brea was upset, but happy to have a healthy baby. Cohen Michael was born just before 8pm weighing 8lbs 10 ounces and 22 inches long. He is one the cutest babies I have ever seen.

I was informed greatly about what birth is like and I think I will manage once it is my time, but I am definitely getting a epidural. No super woman for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment