Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

Our journey to get here


Family Journeys

Jesse and I decided it was time to start our family back in December of 2007. We thought our journey to parenthood would happen fairly quickly. Little did we know, we would have many struggles before finally getting pregnant.

We tried the fun old fashioned way for many months without success. After 6 months I decided to have some tests run to see if everything was okay. A few things checked out okay but something was preventing us from conceiving. After a few months of testing we learned that IUI (intra uterine insemination) would be our best bet to for us to conceive a child.

In September of 08 our 10th cycle of trying we started our first IUI cycle. This involved me taking hormones and Jesse to provide a "sample" to get the job done. We then waited out the dreaded 2 week wait. Well of course I wasn't patient enough and I started testing early. My tests were positive early on because of the hormones used to get me pregnant.

After a while the tests became negative. I knew that any day I could get a "real positive". I tested the day after the negative and it was still negative. My heart sank because I thought the cycle had failed. I went on believing we needed to try again or go for more aggressive treatment options. The very next morning I tested again, but I didn't have much faith. I tested and placed the test on the edge of the bathroom tub. I began getting ready for work. It was time to get into the shower and I hopped in and I finally looked down at the test and low and behold, there were the 2 prettiest pink lines I had ever seen. We had finally conceived a baby. I cried right there in the tub, almost forgetting how to bathe myself. I cried the whole way through. I just couldn't believe we were finally going to be parents. Our dreams had come true!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment