Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Telling the Parents

On the next day, I woke up and my first thought entered into my mind. OMG I am pregnant. This is a wonderful feeling. The plan for the day was to go see my mom and tell her about the pregnancy.

I drove to her house with a bag of items for her. In the bag I had a card that said "Congratulations Grandma to Be", a bib that said grandma's cutie, and a onesie. My mom was so happy when she opened card and read the first line. We went out to lunch to celebrate. My appetite was increasing so Mexican food sounded great!

Later in the day, we had dinner planned with my dad and step mom at Olive Garden. I had a bag for each one of them. I made a pink and a blue photo album where I scrapbook the news into the first few pages. I also had a bib for each parent and a positive pregnancy test in the bag. When my step mom opened the bag, she saw the test right away and said "Are you pregnant?" I told her yes and dad told me to come over and give them a hug. We got up and hugged and cried together in front of everyone at Olive Garden. The rest of the dinner was spent talking about the pregnancy, due date, and baby names. This was the best news we could give my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment