Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Addison is Home!

Home and together at last!
Both girls home from the hospital

Look at how pretty I am!


Addison's Coming Home Outfit

We are so glad to have our family complete. I had my post partum appointment with my OB and got the okay to resume "normal" activities. We took Riley with as we were going straight to the hospital right after to get Addison. The staff at the OB's office thought Riley was so cute in her pink bow and they were surprised at how small she is, yet she looks so big to me. I guess when she is born at 3 pounds 12 ounces, 5 pounds 10 ounces looks big to me.

We got all the discharge instructions on Addison. She has to take her heart medication every 6 hours and she has to take the medication with her feedings so that doesn't give us any room to adjust her feeding schedule and go longer than the 3 hours in between feedings. Riley has already had a few 4 to 4.5 hour stretches that gives mommy some extra sleep. As of right now we have no idea how we will handle the feedings. Sara is here to help and now Jesse needs to get involved in the feedings. With Riley I didn't need his help much but now I know I am not taking care of both feedings and pumping at the same time. Riley is up and down on her breast feeding, actually mostly down. She gets upset that the milk is not readily available like it is with the bottle. Poor girl, she is just impatient. So I'm not sure what to do from here. I haven't tried BF with Addison yet, but I hope to here soon.

My dad took more video of Addison getting ready to leave the hospital, leaving the hospital, and coming home. He will put the video together with both girls as a memory for the girls when they are older.

So far Addison has been very good at home and took all of her first feeding and then slept for 3 hours when her next feeding was due. I wonder if she even knows she has a sister at home, or what home is for that matter. LOL

I will post tomorrow and let you all know how it goes with both girls. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. How exciting!!! They are so beautiful!! I know you are so happy to have both your girls home!! Can't wait to see the video that you dad puts together!! BTW, Madeline has the same car seat and tub!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! It seems like a month ago when you were announcing that they are girls!!

    Good Job Riley and Adison!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy! It must be that great minds think alike and it is an "Amy" thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! They are beautiful! I've got some tips on the breastfeeding - I'll send you an email with more tips, but changing to a bottle with a slower flow (the ones they give at the hospital are much faster flow) and shaped more like a breast will help. I highly recommend the First Years Breastflow bottle. I tried a bunch of different ones, and that was what finally taught Micah to nurse well because he had to nurse on it when he was drinking from the bottle, too. Good luck! - Tess

    ReplyDelete