Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I celebrated my second Mother's Day but this was the first Mother's Day where my girls were home with me. Last year they were still growing strong in the NICU and I had to go up to the hospital to see my sweet girls. This year I was woken up at 4:15 am to be reminded, that Yes, I am a mom. Lil' miss Riley thought it would be fun to wake mommy up bright and early on Mother's Day. Normally she would go right back to sleep after having a bottle, but this morning she was not interested in sleep. She didn't get the memo that mom wanted some extra sleep and 4:15am was a bit early for a Sunday morning.

I was pretty cranky to start the day but how can you be upset with such a sweet face that you created staring up at you and wanting to cuddle. Addison was a great girl. She woke up at 5:30am for a bottle and went back to sleep for 3 more hours. If only Riley could sleep a little longer, I could have got some sleep. But who needs sleep, anyways. A mother certainly does not get very much sleep.

My best friend Brea was super sweet and did a craft project with the girls. She helped them make a memory stone with their hands and feet prints. The girls also scribbled in my card. I just love that I have something from them when they were so little. Next year they might actually understand a little bit about what they are doing. I just can't wait for all the handmade things that I can treasure for years.

Around 10:00 in the morning we met Brea and Chris at a restaurant over looking the city for a Mother's Day Campaign Brunch. The food was excellent and I think we found a new tradition to carry out each Mother's Day. The kids did really well and the atmosphere was perfect allowing the kids to be kids without offending anyone around us.

I finished out the day with a little shopping with my mom and more cuddle and play time with the girls. I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend and all the mom's out there enjoyed their special day. I also thought about many of my friends that are still waiting to be mom's. I know a few will be able to celebrate Mother's Day next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment