Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pregnancy Complications

The doctor's biggest concern is the very short length of my cervix. A cervix in this stage of the pregnancy should measure around a 4.0 cm. Mine is measuring at a 2.0cm. There is only 2 cm of hard tissue holding my babies inside. I have been put on modified bed rest to help my cervix from shrinking any further. The doctor said my cervix is very hard at this point and she doesn't believe that my cervix is shrinking at this point, however they don't know what will happen next. I go into the peri's office every Monday to check on the babies and my cervical length. Each Monday I pray for a good length and I worry the rest of the week that something is changing or I am going to go into pre-term labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment