Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fetal Echo Cardiogram

Today I went in for a fetal Echo Cardiogram on Addison's heart. During my 18 week growth scan they saw a small hole in her heart called a VSD. I was then referred to a pediatric cardiologist to take a closer look at her heart. Normally small VSD's close by the 24th week of pregnancy.

The appointment was 2 hours long and they ended up looking at both Addison's and Riley's hearts. On Addison, they found no VSD or holes present in her heart at all. Anything that was present before is now closed! They took a closer look at Riley's heart and there may be a possible small hole but the Dr. only saw it once during the scan and didn't see it again. That leads him to believe that there probably isn't a hole and if there is, there shouldn't be any problems with the small hole. The girls will be tested for heart murmurs after birth just to make sure everything is okay.

So I feel as though another hurdle is passed but I am working on increasing the fluid levels for the girls. I am drinking extra water and taking extra trips to the bathroom in hopes of seeing better levels on Friday.

On a side note, as I am writing this post, both girls are kicking like crazy. They probably liked my dinner or the extra water I am feeding them. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog!! I had no idea you were having issues with a possible hole, or fluid levels. You are doing such a great job with these girls, and I'm so glad to hear that all looks well! Keep drinking that water! - Tkeys

    ReplyDelete