Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

One Year Ago Today......

A year ago today I welcomed our sweet girls into the world. They came into the world 7 weeks and 1 day earlier than they should have, but the day was still a glorious one. My water broke the day before around 8pm and I had an ultrasound to let us know that both girls were head down and I could try for a vaginal delivery.

Here was the first time I met Addison at 12:33pm:



She only took a few short pushes to come into the world, all 4 pounds 6oz of her. Addie is my sweet happy girl. She has the most infectious laugh. She loves to be tickled and played with. She is great at stealing her sister's toys even if she has the same toy in her hand. Can we say, "the grass is greener on the other side?" She was the first to enter this world, roll over, sit-up, crawl and I can bet she may walk first as well.

Riley was our second born, our baby "B". I was happy to learn after delivering Addison that Riley was still head down allowing me to continue with the vaginal delivery and not have to have a c-section. Riley came out in a pancake position with her head and feet together in a pike style. She was tiny at 3 pounds 12 ounces but she looked happy and healthy to me. I didn't even notice how small she really was.

Here is my first view of Riley delivered 8 minutes after Addison at 12:41pm:



Riley is our strong-willed child. Doesn't every family have one? She knows what she wants and wants it right away. She loves to talk and get attention. She has the best smile with so many little teeth coming in. She loves the camera and will poss for you almost on command. She is a thinker and is great at fine motor skills. She will find the smallest speck of dirt on the floor and put it in her mouth. :)



This year has been exciting and challenging to learn to be parents with not just one baby but two. We get double the joy, but also double the crying and late nights. We take them all in stride and learn from our mistakes. We waited so long to be parents and Addison and Riley brought us exactly what we were looking for.

Happy Birthday sweet girls! We hope to have another great year with many firsts and new experiences.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! What great memories Amy! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love Addison's laugh! Riley just stares at me like I'm crazy but I can always get Addie to laugh! I can't believe it's been a year and I can't wait to see what the next year brings you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated birthday to your beautiful girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been SO busy, this is the first time I've been on blogspot in weeks- first of all Happy belated to the beautiful girls, what a year it has been! And congrats on the weight loss so far, keep it up girl:)

    ReplyDelete