Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What am I eating?

I got a comment on my diet about what I am eating. I'm not doing anything crazy or following any fad diet. I'm just eating smart choices and getting plenty of whole grains, fruits, veggies, and lean protein. On any typical day my diet is as follows:

Breakfast at 5:45 am: 1 package of Quaker Lower Sugar Instant Oatmeal - Maple and Brown Sugar. I also put a teaspoon of peanut butter in the oatmeal. You may think this strange but it is very good and I get a little bit of protein in my early morning breakfast. My Breakfast includes my vice - Caffeine. I have a L0-Carb Monster energy drink instead of coffee with lots of cream and sugar.

Mid-Morning 9:00 am - An egg beaters omelet with mushrooms, tomatoes, green and red peppers, and green onions served with 1 slice of whole wheat toast and a Side of fruit.

Lunch 11:00 - 12:00 - Turkey or tuna fish sandwich on whole wheat with many veggies. I stop at Subway a few times a week to get my sandwich fully loaded with veggies. Along with a side of apple slices and peanut butter.

Snack: almonds

Dinner: Boneless skinless chicken breast or lean turkey with a side of veggies like green beans, or asparagus. Sometimes I will included a small side of chicken flavored rice.

Occasionally I will have a desert. I will have a 60 calorie pudding snack or 5 vanilla wafers with some peanut butter.

I vary from some of the options listed above but not by much.

3 comments:

  1. Okay. Thanks so much for sharing. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl you love peanut butter! I finally lost my last 15 and it felt great. then I started taking it easy and I'm up 5 again. you are inspiring me to eat right again. I can do it.

    ReplyDelete